INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (I.C.T) UNIT
INTRODUCTION: The Unit is one of the youngest Departments and is an integral component of the Division. It helps the organizations to work more efficiently and to maximize productivity; faster e-communication, electronic storage, protection of records and other documents. The Unit manages computer applications on which nearly every other Office is dependent.
- Software installations
- Periodic updates of software
- Database development and management
- Ensure routine schedules
- Computer preventive maintenance such as hard disk cleanup and removal of temporal files, Defragmentation and cleansing of infested PC’s with antivirus
- Management and periodic update of Division’s Website
- Ensure satisfactory Network and Internet Services at all time
- Retrieval of data from damaged Hard Disk Drives
- Computer repairs
- Technical user support
- Assessing I.C.T. needs of Staff, Preparing training materials in Introduction to Computers and MS Office Suite and offering the training
- Hardware, Network and internet maintenance
- Data recovery from damaged Hard Drives
- Management of Staff Attendance Device and Software Etc.